Gandhiniketan Ashram is a society registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act. It has reputed men and women drawn from various walks of life on its governing body. They work in a purely honorary capacity.
The Ashram has plans:
- To establish a rural technology centre.
- To Start a school for health sciences.
- To start a nodal centre for heritage cultural activities.
- To develop the institution as a heritage tourist spot focusing on rural India.
- To create a teleconferencing centre for teaching.
- To develop a nodal centre for basic sciences at the higher secondary school.
- To adopt 10 socio economically backward villages for integrated development.
The Ashram with its commitment to Rural India in the fields of education and rural reconstruction is entirely run on a non-profit basis with limited resources. Most certainly it requires the aid and monetary support from philanthropists, corporates and the public to carry out the above plans.