Hon’ble Justice K. Venkataswami,
Former Judge of the Supreme Court
We welcome Hon’ble Justice K. Venkataswami, Former Judge of the Supreme Court as a member of the governing body of Gandhi Niketan Ashram and Gandhi Niketan Educational Academy
NAI TALIM SEMINAR ( 20-MAY-2005 & 21-MAY-2005)
Gandhi Peace Foundation, New Delhi and Gandhi Niketan Ashram organized a “WORKSHOP ON NAI TALIM” (Basis Education as enunciated by Mahatma Gandhi) on 20th and 21st May 2005 at Gandhi Niketan Ashram, T. Kallupatti. Sri. Babu Lal Sharma, Smt. Rita Roy, Secretary, Gandhi Peace Foundation, New delhi, Dr. Kulandaivel Chancellor, Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women Deemed University, Coimbatore., Dr. Marjandan Former Vice Chancellor, Gandhigram, Dr. Radha Krishnan, Shanti Ashram, Coimbatore, Educationist and Teachers attended the seminar.
Dr. D. Paulraj, Secretary GNA introducing
Mr.Babulal Sharma, Gandhi Peace Foundation,
Dr. Kulandaivel Chancellor, Avinashalingam
Inst. for home science and higher education
for women, Deemed university Coimbatore.
The Seminar has adopted the following Resolutions:
- The important principles of Nai Talim should be the integral part of education at all levels from Primary upto University.
- Steps should be taken to imbibe values into the minds of the children through educational activities in the schools.
- Networking of the Nai Talim Schools.
- Important National Festivals such as Independence Day, Republic day, Gandhi Jeyanthi, Children’s Day should be celebrated in the schools in order to inculcate sense of Patriotic Fervour in the minds of the children.
- All religious festivals should be celebrated in a systematic way so as to enable the students to understand the doctrines of various religions.
- The children should be involved to clean the class room and the school campus.
- A school parliament system to be established to develop Leadership Qualities.
- The values such as Truth, Non-Violence, Dignity of Labour, Self Confidence, Self-Reliance, Humility, Compassion should be imbibed.
We had the pleasure of receiving Dr.Pararajasekaram a WHO consultant in the diseases of the eye. He is stationed at Geneva. He went around the Ashram and showed a very keen interest in the activities of the Ashram. He promised to help in providing eye care to the students of our school.
Dr. Pararajasekaram (second from left) from
WHO geneva visiting the Ashram
NABARD has sanctioned Rs. 42.84 Lakhs to implement the Water Shed Programme in Modagam Village which is situated in Madurai District.
This project will help 3 villages to develop their agriculture activities by constructing check dams, Bunding, Deep ploughing. Drainage line treatments, Restoration of tank, Digging of percolation ponds, Supplying of Agro Forestry and Sapplings to the agriculturists.
With the assistance of the NABARD Gandhi Niketan Ashram has started Incentive Based REDP training programmes in Readymade Garments and Motor Rewinding Courses for 30 trainees for a period of 2 months. NABARD has sanctioned Rs. 49950/- for Motor Rewinding and Rs. 45500/- for Readymade Garments course.